Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break!

It's finally here!!(:

With student teaching we have to follow the breaks our placement school does so since they go until the end of May, 
Spring Break isn't until 
NOW.
It was a little weird when Curt had USU's break and I still had to go to school, but now I'm loving the flip side!
We enjoyed such a wonderful conference weekend! We had an awesome weekend planned with our dear friends/neighbors the Geary's but had to downsize it a little with our busy schedules. 
We still had a blast though & are bummed we didn't take any pictures.
But wasn't conference just AMAZING?!!!
I have to say my two favorites were Pres. Uchtdorf & Elder Holland..just what I needed to hear! 

Curt & I were at a cute boutique in town last weekend and found a cute but simple spring craft. So we worked on that as we listened to conference, yes I said WE! 
Curt's a trooper when I get crafty!
Here they are, just some fun old Pepsi/pop glass bottles with yarn!


We sure like how they turned out!
like I said, so simple(:

On another note, a while ago we found clippers on sale and decided it'd be worth the initial purchase for the $$$ we'll save over time cutting Curt's hair at home. I've been learning through trusty youtube,
but still was a little hesitant.
Here's what we started with...



We first attempted to have the sides shorter than the top and that  quickly got thrown aside when I used the ear trimming tool backwards(: whoops, BIG WHOOPS actually.
(He's so patient & kept saying it can always go shorter)


It turned out okay! He said after it was all done that he wanted it short like this anyways & was just letting me practice. 
Don't know whether to believe him or not but it was still a sweet thing to say!


I mentioned afterwards how about we just stick to me cutting his hair as long as it's one length all over until his mom can teach me her tricks!(:

Quite the experience, an hour later and hair everywhere, so glad he's willing to let me learn though!

Quite the pile, it could be enough to make a wig!!!


Happy APRIL everyone!(: 

3 comments:

  1. Those were my favorite talks as well!!! You are so brave to cut Curts hair! I refuse to cut Spencer, it gives me anxiety! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of the vases. Simple and really really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute, I miss you! I just bought clippers and cut Scott's hair for the first time during his spring break! It's definitely not the best haircut he's ever had, but he didn't get butchered either haha. Gotta love husbands who are patient and let us practice huh.

    ReplyDelete