Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Alice the April Fools Joke

So a while back we were over visiting our neighbors 
Oliver & Monica and as we were visiting mid-converstaion Curt just stops talking & kind of froze. We were all wondering what was going on. This is when I found out Curt's fear of dolls. 
PORCELAIN DOLLS ESPECIALLY

Apparently he looked over into the guest bedroom and there he saw Alice. Those who know porcelain dolls know that they each have a name. We joked about it as he openly admitted it and he even went on to tell us about one of these dolls at one of his patient's homes. 

(DISCLAIMER: Curt said because the Geary's got him so good that it'd be okay of I post about it!)

Time goes by and I get a text from the Geary's asking what I'd think if they snuck Alice into our car one morning before Curt heads off to work. I laughed out loud when I read it and then had to tell a little white lie about what Monica was texting me for.

So Curt & I head off to the store & I left the car keys behind for the Geary's. After we made it home I ran out to the car to grab my water bottle (and of course to see how they placed Alice) and I about died laughing.
They had buckled Alice in the passenger seat(:




So morning comes & Curt leaves for work around 5:40 and usually I just kiss him good bye and send him out the door while I'm still warm in the bed(: I was feeling quite guilty though so I thought maybe I should walk out to the car with him. 
We get to the car and his first words were,


"Oh, they would!"
"Could you get that, PLEASE?"
then I asked him
"You can't look at it?"
"Nuh, Uh" was his response!
HILARIOUS...
It was a good thing I went out to the car with him, he told me(& later Oliver) that he would've just taken our other car if he had to!


'Two Thumbs Up' to the Geary's for scaring him, I sure haven't been able to these past 4 years!


I did make him take a picture with Alice and this is what I got




As Curt was leaving for work this afternoon he said how 'lucky' he is to have 2 run in's with porcelain dolls in just 1 day.
Guess he's off to that patient's house(:

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! HE must have hated going over to grandma Dana's for fear of the many porcelain dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lol lol!!! I can sympathize over irrational fears. No good!

    ReplyDelete