Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Overall, we had a very lovely Valentine's Day!
We knew it'd be crazy so we took advantage of the time we had together!

This wasn't actually today, but it's my favorite part of the day, Getting to hold Mr. Curt's hand. He hates the scars on his hands from work, but I love them them & now I can be pick his hand out of any body else's!

We didn't do much in the way of gifts, but Curt had flower petals all over the floor & got me my all time favorite 'apple pie apple' He was so cute and put a ring pop in my engagement ring box!(:

Little did he know that I got him an 'apple pie apple' too! That was a funny moment(: And I put together date cards for the whole year, 1 for each month that he'll be able to open each month and have at least one week planned for! I found a cute idea online to write on the back of each of the 52 cards in a deck reasons why I love him too! 
So nothing major this year, but still fun to put together! 

The only picture taken of the gifts...

We had an hour or so to grab a bite to eat @ our favorite 
Italian restaurant called 'Callaways'


It has such a fun feel to it & the building itself is very rustic!
It's a nice get away.
We love how they put the breadsticks in mason jars! 
They even had a rose and a lit candle @ each table

Our yummy plate!



On a more heart breaking note , I was at school today and looked down @ my ring & saw this...
notice anything missing???

Yep, one of the diamonds from my band is GONE!
My heart sank when I saw it and spent much of the rest of my spare time I had at school searching the gym, halls, classroom, etc. No luck, but who knows...maybe it'll show up!
If not I'm so glad it wasn't the bigger one!
Glad to have the perspective of how little material things really matter, but still it kills me to see it sort of 'incomplete' now!
The principal teased me as I was leaving and said that it's just a great excuse to get a new one!!!!
He laughed and said he's on his 4th & his wife has put the hammer down by saying it's the last one too(:


Guess that ring pop will be coming in handy!!

4 comments:

  1. You are beyond adorable and I envy the way you and Curt always just figure out how to show your love, money or no money. Thanks for your example. And don't worry about that ring, Dad's got it all under control......That's your dad for ya. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your date card idea!!! can I see some pictures and get some ideas!???
    I would love that!!! :) That was so creative of you girl.

    Kilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to catch up on your posts! Glad you had a Great Valentines Day and almost done with school, YEAH !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of your dad to always have your back :)

    ReplyDelete