Monday, December 12, 2011

Thanksgiving


Curt's Mom sent me her pictures probably a week ago & I'm just now getting around to blogging Thanksgiving...
Like I said before I totally spaced bringing my camera so this is all we have from the trip, but Im SO grateful for at least one!

Our break was fantastic! We got in early Wednesday morning, I just love seeing the sunrise in Mesa, the silhouettes of the cactus' and the mountains are just beautiful! 

A breakdown of the trip:

I got to help my Mom refinish their kitchen cabinets & Curt spent the day with his Dad Wednesday! 
That evening we got to go to Matta's with the Dana's which is always so scrumptious!

We had a beautiful Thanksgiving feast with the Dana's Thursday after the boys played football. I learned how to make homemade pies with Curt's Mom and got to be her little assistant in the kitchen. It was all so delicious. 
We also got to visit with my parents that evening. 
We are so fortunate at how close our families live to each other!

Friday, I got to have a girl day with Curt's mom which was so fun & that night we got to do a session in the Mesa temple with Curt's parents! A huge blessing that I got in...so grateful for the ability to phone Utah to get me in!
It was a great session, have a special place in my heart for that temple! 

Then Saturday I got to work on Christmas gifts and help decorate & clean up! We had a fun dinner that night with both of our parents & were also able to see all of our grandparents over the trip too!!! 

Sunday we were able to attend sacrament meeting with Curt's family & had dinner with mine and were back in the car just like that!

We are so thankful for all of our many blessing,
especially for our families and the joy of the gospel!

Looking forward to enjoying these things once again at Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time - we look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete